The CAPWIZ Capacitor Wizard ( CAP1B & CAPSVR ) by Midwest Devices is an extremely fast and reliable device designed to measure ESR (Equivalent Series Resistance) on capacitors of 1uf and larger "IN CIRCUIT" eliminating the need to remove the capacitor for ac curate tests. The Capacitor Wizard CAP1B & CAPSVR finds BAD caps IN CIRCUIT or out of the circuit!!
What is a CAPWIZSVR Capacitor Wizard Saver?
The Capacitor Wizard Saver helps protect against accidentally damaging the Capacitor Wizard® by attempting to test charged capacitors. Make a habit of following good service practices and discharge all capacitors before attempting a test - even if you install the CapSVR. Always remove power from the circuit under test.
Midwest Devices Capacitor Wizard CAP1B & CAPSVR
Capacitor Wizard ®" meter is a very useful capacitor analyzer from Midwest Devices LLC. The CAPWIZ Capacitor Wizard CAP1B & CAPSVR uses the ESR (equivalent series resistance) method for determining a capacitors' "health". Capacitor testing can be problematic using other solutions. The Capacitor Wizard CAP1B & CAPSVR ESR method detects problems with a device due to changes in the dielectric constant or the electrolytic compound drying out and really measures the overall "health" of a device and not just its capacitance value. This is an indispensable piece of test equipment for a system designer or product technician!!!!"
Capacitor Wizard ESR Meter CAP1B & CAPSVR Features
CAP1B & CAPSVR Meter Range: 0 to 30 Ohms Expanded Scale
• CAP1B & CAPSVR Output Test Signal: 100 KHz Sine Wave
• CAP1B & CAPSVR Output Voltage: Only 5 mV RMS! - will NOT turn on solid state devices
• CAP1B & CAPSVR Meter input resistance: 2.5 Ohm - Resolution as low as 0.1 Ohm
• CAP1B & CAPSVR Adjustable "Capacitor Good" beeper-Beeper Resolution as low as 50 milli Ohm!
• CAP1B & CAPSVR Power: 4 AA Alkaline batteries (not included)
• CAP1B & CAPSVR Size 7" x 4" x 1.5"
• CAP1B & CAPSVR High quality gold plated probe tips with 4 foot leads
• CAP1B & CAPSVR Ohms-Zero and Beeper-Adjust controls
• CAP1B & CAPSVR UL and ULC ( UL3111-1 )
• CAP1B & CAPSVR CE European Standard EN-55022 and EN-50082-1
• CAP1B & CAPSVR Capacitance range - caps below 1uF start to lose resolution, but it is still useful in repair work. There is no limit for large caps.
Capacitor Wizard CAP1B & CAPSVR Articles and Tech Notes
Capacitor Wizard by Martin Pickering 'Television Magazine'
See the Capacitor Wizard without Capsvr
Purchase a Repair Kit
Purchase a Capacitor Wizard ESR Meeter CAP1B & CAPSVR sold by Howard Electronics Today!
Howard Electronics offer you the customer the best Vendor selection of Soldering and Desoldering tools, SMD Rework, Heat Guns, Microscopes, and Specialty tools you could ask for. Our vendors are Atten, Auburn Technology, Chip Quik, Den-On Instruments, EDSYN, Goot, Hei Scope, JBC Tools, Jensen Global, Jovy, Mag Eyes, Master Appliance, Midwest Devices, MG Chemicals, Pana Vise, Qualitek, Steinel, Scienscope, Virtual Industries, Weller, and Xytronics. Please select the best vendor for the tools that you require.